- Filling in certain facial wrinkles
- Increasing the volume of the face and lips
- Correcting tissue malformations
- Correcting irregularities caused by liposuction
- Improving an adherent scar
Before the intervention
In case of facial surgery in particular, a thorough analysis of the ageing process is carried out based on the patient’s face at present and on photos of when they were younger.
If patients are taking aspirin or anti-inflammatories, they must stop taking this treatment at least 10 days before surgery.
During the intervention
Duration: 1 – 2 hours
- Locating the areas where fat will be removed and the transfer sites
- Collecting fat from the skin’s natural folds
- Separating the fat cells in a centrifuge
- Injecting the fat with a 1 to 2 mm microcannula
Patients experience relatively mild pain after surgery. Some swelling (oedema) and bruising will occur. All these post-operative symptoms usually disappear within 2 to 3 weeks. Patients should avoid the sun for at least 4 weeks.
To fully appreciate the results of the surgery, it is necessary to wait 4 to 6 months. Because the cells are living, they are still affected by the natural ageing process and the results vary from one patient to another. Therefore, the results fade over time but the procedure can be repeated after 6 months.